Integrated Protection Devices
Specifically designed for HB LEDs, IPDiA ESD protection devices offer the best performance / size ratio, thanks to our proven skill in ESD technology.
Our Silicon devices integrate back-to-back TVS (Transient Voltage Suppression) diodes using our unique IPDiA PICS technology for maximum miniaturization.
IPDiA produces Silicon and Ceramic submounts, that can be used as an interposer between the HB LED die and the packaging leadframe, as well as low profile and very compact ESD silicon dies to be soldered on any submount close to the HB LED die.
IPDiA HB LED protection diodes comply with international protection standards:
- MIL-STD 883, IEC 61000-4-2, JEDEC JESD22 and IEC 61000-4-5
Protection of ESD diodes:
HB LEDs are sensitive to external electrostatic discharge. To protect these LEDs, IPDiA has designed unidirectional as well as bidirectional ESD protection diodes. To facilitate the packaging of these diodes close to the LEDs, several versions of the die are available:
- Flip chip packaging: solder bumps deposited on each of the pads on top side of the die.
- Bump metal available: Au, AuSn
- Solder packaging: soldering metal on the back of the die.
- Ti/Ni/Ag - Ti/Ni/Au/AuSn - Ti/Ni/Au
- Al - Al/TiW/Au
A single customized silicon die, in order to fit your HB LED platform.
Delivery in raw or sawn wafer, or bumped bare die. Customized form factor
HB LED protection diodes are typically built to customer specifications.
SEE CONFIGURATION ORDER FORM TO DEFINE YOUR ESD/TVS DIODE
ESD protection diodes for high brigtness and high power white leds
HB LED SUBMOUNTS
- Bidirectional or unidirectional Zener diodes
- ESD protection, up to 15 kV IEC 61000-4-2
- Extra small footprint
- Thickness down to 100 µm
- Breakdown voltage from 8 V to 100 V
- Choice of front-end and back-end metallization
- Superior thermal resistance
- Low current leakage below 100 nA
- ESD protection for High Brightness LEDs
- ESD protection submount High Brightness LEDs
OTHER PROTECTION DEVICES
Thanks to our Design Engineering capabilities, any custom ESD protection device can be designed to suit your application needs, such as a multi-LED module with integrated thermal and lighting sensors.